- cpgordonAsked on June 04, 2015 at 10:28 AM
I need to copy one of my forms ( http://www.jotform.com//?formID=51387010252142 ) to a fillable PDF and i am having a few issues witht he conversion - could you please help me?
1) i have several radio buttons that give the user an option of "yes" or "no" - these radio button choices show up fine ont he jotform but when i convert to Fillable PDF some of them remove the "no" option, and some of them don't - no idea why2) I use 2 check-box forms and for each i allow the "other" text box option where the user can check that option and then fill in there own answer. When i convert this to a Fillable PDF, the actual check box for that "other" text box disappears but the text box itself remains3) the "Required Field" asterix does not appear ont he fillable PDF even though i have seen some of your documentation that states that it should4) Is it possible to create a "Header" for each PDF page - so that the title always appears at the top?
thanks very much,
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on June 04, 2015 at 01:07 PM
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this have caused you.
1) i have several radio buttons that give the user an option of "yes" or "no" - these radio button choices show up fine ont he jotform but when i convert to Fillable PDF some of them remove the "no" option, and some of them don't - no idea why
I have cloned your form and compared the cloned form with the Fillable PDF copy I have created from it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wasn't able to see any "No" option removed.
As you can see on the image above, all of the "No" options is present. Could you try to clear your browser's cache and re-download a Fillable PDF copy of your form? Let us know if you're having the same issue.
Regarding your other concerns. I have moved each of it on a different thread which you can follow by clicking the links below accordingly. We will be right there in a while. Thank you.
- cpgordonAnswered on June 04, 2015 at 03:12 PM
thank you - i notice now that it is fixed - which leads me to a related question - is it possible that the Fillable PDF creator works on a lagged basis with the jotform? i notice that when i change things on the jotform and then create a PDF that the PDF does not include any of the recent changes i had made ot the jotform (which is what i think happened here with the radio buttons - i had changed them about an hour earlier but the PDF's didn't reflect those changes until the last hour or two). This has happened several times where additions or subtractions i had made to the jotform were just not translating through to the PDF - so is it possible that the PDF creator looks at an older (lagged) version of the jotform when it goes to create the PDF? thanks
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on June 04, 2015 at 04:53 PM
I have cloned and tested your form and I was not able to reproduce mentioned problem. Every time you create fillable PDF it needs to take newest version of your form. Maybe it was temporary problem.
Are you still facing the same issue?
In case that you are still facing same issue you can try to clear you form cache.
Looking forward to your reply.