- mark.shawAsked on June 11, 2015 at 05:18 AM
Mandatory fields in PDF forms do not appear to work. Please can you advise. Thanks
- BorisAnswered on June 11, 2015 at 05:51 AM
Unfortunately, that is the way the required fields work in the fillable PDF - we can't force the user to fill the fields in the PDF as we can in the online / web version of the form. Here is a nice explanation of this, from our page Fillable-PDF-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-JotForm-Fillable-PDF-Creator
Q: What happens with required fields on my jotform once the jotform is exported as fillable PDF?
A: You will have the * (star) next to your field shown, but it will not behave the same as on the web form.
- See it as a paper, it will not be able to jump or get different coloring, it will require people filling them out to not skip them - as on paper.
I would advise you to please take a look at the above linked page, to see all the limits there are in the PDF version of your forms, compared to our online forms. Thank you for your understanding.
Please let us know if we can assist you further, we will be happy to help.
- mark.shawAnswered on June 11, 2015 at 06:15 AM
This is a fundamental change from Adobe Forms, any chance this will be developed?
- BorisAnswered on June 11, 2015 at 07:56 AM
I have forwarded this thread as a feature request to our developers, so that they can take a look into implementing this feature.
Unfortunately, I cannot give you any estimate or a time frame when or if this might be, but rest assured that we will let you know through this thread if it is implemented. Thank you very much for your suggestion on improving our PDF creation and making our products even better. :)
- ManagermustafaAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 09:09 AM
Sorry for the late response, required fields are now supported. You should regenerate your PDF to see it in action.