JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Google Spreadsheet integration stops working when you add columns?Asked by uonsusocs on June 11, 2015 at 11:37 AM
I've got a Google spreadsheet integration to my form which I recently modified by adding a column to the beginning of the spreadsheet to include an Edit Link with formula in. Since I modified this, no further submissions came through to the spreadsheet (though they were coming through to the Jotform site as normal). I am aware that you shouldn't add any columns in the middle of the Google spreadsheet, but I thought if you added it before the first column or after the last column then it would be fine?
I've tried breaking the integration on the spreadsheet and creating a new one (new one is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jEWOMVb74FqJtgEJBsw_2luyuaX2dd5Ye9XvgbFZu4Q/edit#gid=1280929816) but after I have submitted a new test submission, it appears the same problem is still happening. Can you suggest how I can fix this?
We don't recommend that you edit the integrated Google Spreadsheet, especially adding new columns, it will likely break the integration.
If you need to add a new column, you can create a hidden field in your JotForm Form named "Edit Link", remove the current integration.
And re-integrate, the hidden field should show in the Spreadsheet and you can add the value there.
Another option, you can leave the Google Spreadsheet untouched, but you can fetched the values on that sheet to another sheet using ImportRange function. The new spreadsheet can then be modified without changing anything on the integrated spreadsheet.
I hope that helps.
Thanks for the support with this - the solution didn't quite work as intended but you set us on the right track, and we've managed to resolve the issue now.
I'm glad that you have found a workaround on this.
If you needed any assistance again, please do not hesitate to open a new thread here in the forum, we'll try our best to help.