- ThetinytiddlersAsked on November 28, 2011 at 09:32 AM
- paoloumaliAnswered on November 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
I saw the other thread you started regarding Conditionals: Show/Hide.
If you haven't seen it yet, the guide is found in http://www.jotform.com/help/57-Conditional-Logic-on-Forms
Telling us what you're trying to accomplish will also help so that we can provide suggestions.
- akotoulasAnswered on November 28, 2011 at 03:23 PM
Hmm, two suggestions for your Hide/Show options
1) Extend it the hide show drop-down *options* as well as fields. For example: Suppose, I have a drop down list of, oh say materials, and one of the materials, say muslin, is not available in Germany. Thus I'd like a condition where I hide the muslin option when Germany is selected. I don't want to hide the entire pull down field when Germanny is selected but just the one muslin option. (Or vice, versa, when Muslin is Selected the Germany option is hidden.)
2)Hide/Show and *Disable*. Have a third option where a field is visible but not accessable. In my Germany example, if the musle option is DISABLED but visible (i.e. is grayed out) it would be clearer that Muslin is not available in Germany rather than that the muslin option simply disappeared.)
- akotoulasAnswered on November 28, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Arrgh! For the record. I am bunkle, not akotoulas, I had logged out from akotoulas' account and relogged on as bunkle when I posted the above to the forums. Jumping from the front page to the forums page somehow didn't refresh whatever tracking method you are using and allowed my to post but from the wrong account. (You might want to look into that.)
(nasty grumpy and snarky bunkle; not sweet and nice akotoulas)
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on November 28, 2011 at 04:59 PM
Thank you for your suggestions, although the first one is a bit too complicated (in my opinion). I will forward your requests to our user suggestions list. If, in any case, they get approved for implementation, we will let you know via this thread.
We appreciate all our users' inputs and yours is no exception. Thanks a lot for making JotForm your form builder of choice.