- bettyprallAsked on June 24, 2015 at 04:51 PM
In many instances, when I select "Edit HTML" in order to change fonts, colors, etc., the Word editing tools do not allow me to make any edits at all. Also, I am often unable to paste into the editing boxes, which I find surprising. Any suggestions? For example, on the F-1 Application, I cannot edit the "Financial Support" text box at bottom of page 5.
This is the URL for the application: http://www.jotform.com/?formID=51685676995175
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 24, 2015 at 06:08 PM
It seems fine when I tried it on a cloned version of your form. I can edit the one you mentioned, financial support text html. You can also edit it on the HTML button found on the top toolbar.
Note that your form has custom CSS injected to it. It was generated during the import to mimic the style of the original form. This should not affect the text html element but if you continue to encounter the problem again, do let us know so we can assist you further.
- bettyprallAnswered on June 30, 2015 at 02:09 PM
I still cannot use the word editing tools on this form. I can use the editing tools on some forms but not others. I need to be able to use the tools on all our forms. I do not have the skills to use CSS to do this.
The font is Arial, but I don’t know the size or colors because the editing tools do not display the info. The size and colors should be the same as the text in the first paragraph of the form, “Required Documents for F-1 Visa Applicants”. Below is what it should look like. Can you do this for me?
US Citizen and US Permanent Resident sponsors must complete the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support.
- CharlieAnswered on June 30, 2015 at 02:56 PM
Here's what you need to do to make those changes in your form.
1. Click the "Text" field for the "Financial Support". Please do take note that only "Text" fields has the word editing tool to format the text inside. Click the "Edit HTML".
2. Here, click the "HTML" icon.
3. Copy and paste this code to your HTML editor.
<p><span style="color: #1f497d; font-family: Arial, 'sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;"><b>Financial Support</b></span></p>
<p><em><span style="color: #ff0000; font-family: Arial, 'sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">US Citizen and US Permanent Resident sponsors must complete the</span></em>
<span style="color: #000000; font-family: Arial, 'sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf" rel="nofollow noopener"><span style="color: #0000ff;">Form I-134 Affidavit of Support</span></a></span>.</p>
4. To see the changes, you need to preview the form. Here's a cloned form for testing and demo purposes: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51805571483963?.
Do let us know if that works.