- holycrosslutheranMFAsked on June 25, 2015 at 01:01 PM
I have made modifications to my main form, the Spiritual Gifts Inventory Adult. I made the same modification to the "clone" form I was testing. When I preview the form, it looks great. All my modifications look good. The created pdf does not carry over the new text with the radio button instructions. Other things are also a bit off - duplicate parts of survey questions, etc.
The same thing happens when I create a pdf of my clone form as well. This worked a couple weeks ago. Is there something wrong with the pdf converter?
- JotForm SupportAuryAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 01:41 PM
For testing purposes I have cloned your form Spiritual Gifts Inventory Adult, when the PDF fillable was created I do notice the issues you above explained, some fields are not carried over.
I am really sorry for the inconvenient this situation is causing you. I am forwarding this case to our next level so they will be able to find a workable solution to this, unfortunatelly, I cannot give you an specific time frame as of when this issue will be solved.
We will put in contact with you through this same thread, as soon as we have any update from our developer team.
Thanks in advance for your understanding.
- ManagermustafaAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 09:04 AM
Sorry for the late response. We could finally resolve rendering issues.
Please regenerate you PDF and it should be much better now.
- holycrosslutheranMFAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 11:43 AM
It is still not working. It still does not match preview. The page breaks are off. I still cannot use my new forms.
- SammyAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 01:36 PM
Kindly clear you form cache and try regenerating again, please let us know of the outcome.
- holycrosslutheranMFAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 02:02 PM
Still the same problems.
- holycrosslutheranMFAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 04:31 PMLooking at your screen shots in your response I see the same problems. For example, on the bottom of page 1 are the instructions for the survey questions that are on page 2. Other pages run together. The form preview shows everything correctly, all 7 pages. I need the pdf to look just like the preview so I can use this form as a handout as well as an email attachment.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 04:48 PM
Thank you for explaining further.
I also realize now what was missing. Its the Page Break of the form.
Even when I selected the option to include the existing page breaks in the form, the generated Fillable PDF Form did not include them.
As far as I know, this is still a work in progress. So it must be a glitch on the PDF creator tool.
I will submit a bug ticket report again to our dev team so that they will be aware of this, and hopefully have a quick fix.
We will let you know here for any updates.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 04:58 PM
There is no need for Page Breaks to appear on the PDF Form, but the issue is that the PDF Form pages is not aligned to the pages of the source form.
Example, the actual form have 7 pages, but the generated Fillable PDF Form only have 4 pages
I will explain this on the bug ticket report I have submitted as well.
- holycrosslutheranMFAnswered on August 03, 2015 at 09:48 AM
What is the status of fixing the PDF export problem? Thank you.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 03, 2015 at 12:05 PM
The report on this thread is still opened but it is already assigned to our developer who work on this. Don't worry, as soon as we receive updates about this, we'll inform you right away or our developers will provide updates directly on the reported thread. Thanks!
- holycrosslutheranMFAnswered on September 08, 2015 at 04:29 PM
It's been over 2 months since I first submitted this and a more than a month since the last update. Is this going to be corrected? Thanks!