- lauren.whiteakerAsked on July 08, 2015 at 06:02 PM
is there a way to calculate a date based on another date entered in a different field? i.e. Date of Demo would produce a Call Date seven days prior based on the date entered for demo?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Pass Field Value to Another Field?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 08, 2015 at 08:16 PM
Yes that's possible. You can achieve it by creating conditions (Example form: https://www.jotform.com/form-templates/calculate-number-of-days, feel free to clone it so you can check the conditions) or by using this widget. http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/dates_difference
Then use a form calculation widget to get the result. Example:
Hope this helps!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 08, 2015 at 09:27 PM
To construct the expression seen in the work area above, I clicked the button with the ellipses (...) and then clicked the dateString() method:
Then I clicked the Back button (in the screenshot above), clicked between the parentheses to place the insertion point there and clicked Add Field and inserted the demo date field:
Then it was just a matter of typing -7 after it to output a date seven (7) days earlier.
If any of this is unclear, please inform us.
- lauren.whiteakerAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 10:03 AM
This worked great! Thanks so much!!!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 09, 2015 at 11:38 AM
Glad to hear it.
- kingfisherweddingsAnswered on February 06, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Great idea but even though i cloned the form it didn't work :(
- BorisAnswered on February 06, 2016 at 08:46 PM
@kingfisherweddings in order to assist you better and so that are messages are not sent to all previous participants of this support thread, your question has been moved to a support thread of its own:
We will assist you with your question there, shortly. Thank you.