- twhite1969Asked on July 13, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Hi I can't seem to copy text from one field to another. Numbers will copy but text is copying a "0" to the destination field.
I created an example. http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51935033118955
Thanks for your help!
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Pass Field Value to Another Field?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 13, 2015 at 01:44 PM
Here's how to fix that:
1. With the form loaded in the form builder, click the Dropdown3 field and then its conditions icon, as indicated below:
2. Click the condition to open it and then select Is Filled, and then in the calculation work area click the little 0-9 on the Dropdown3 button, so that it changes to a-z, as shown below:
3. Save the condition and save the form
Your form should now function like this clone. If you need more help with this or anything else JotForm related, please inform us.
- twhite1969Answered on July 13, 2015 at 02:51 PM
I should have noticed that. It works great now. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 13, 2015 at 03:56 PM
Glad to hear it! If there is anything else we can assist you with, let us know and we will be happy to help.
- amitinddrAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 02:54 PM
Ok, so this doesn't work for me.I created a dropdown with some 137 options. I assigned a calculation value to each option from the surveying tab. I want to use these values to calculate prices for each option. At the same time, I want to be able to copy original text (not the values) from dropdown into a new field (using calculation condition). But when I do that, it copies the "Calculation Value" of that option instead of the option text. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 04:12 PM
Since this thread is quite old, I have moved your question to a thread of its own. I will address your request in the following thread shortly: