- HRServicesUKAsked on July 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM
I would like to create a form where the number automatically moves on each time a user completes it (i.e. auto-numbering). Is there a tool to do this with?
- CharlieAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 12:01 PM
If you want to count the total number of submissions and display it in your form, you can use this widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/submissions_counter.
If you are looking on to creating an ID with auto increment, that is also possible using the Unique ID widget, you can also have your own format there.
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- HRServicesUKAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 12:29 PM
That's great thanks but is there a way of making the Unique ID widget visible to the user?
- CharlieAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 01:53 PM
Unfortunately, we cannot make that widget visible, unless if you will be using the form's full source code we can try using a function or directly removing it's attribute "hidden" there.
- mooresvillefireAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 01:12 PM
I also would like to see the auto number feature visible to the user. Please do this!!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 02:27 PM
This tracking number is made for administration tracking purposes and the number is generated only after submitting the form. If you want the number to be displayed to the user, you may consider adding the field to an auto-responder or Thank you page.
Hope this information helps.
- CharlieAnswered on September 29, 2015 at 09:37 AM
To better assist you, I went ahead and opened a separate thread for your concern, please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/672760. We will address it shortly.
Thank you for understanding.