- depotlawncareAsked on July 22, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Hello, I am having a problem with my slide show.
I go to the form and on some / most machines, the slide show loads but on the first run through of the image slide show the images on the left hand side of the viewer get cut off, and spliced in its place is a part of the next or last picture. Not real sure which,
How can I correct this.
After the first go through of the slide show, the images will then load properly.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 05:06 AM
Thanks for contacting us.
I have checked your form and I haven't replicated the issue. See screenshot below:
I have used Chrome browser in viewing your form. Can you tell us what device and browser version you are using when you encounter the issue so we can further investigate? If possible, could you also provide us a screenshots of the issue you are encountering.
We will wait for your response.
- depotlawncareAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 04:59 PMThe problem I am having can be seen in the transition from the 1st slide to
the 2nd slide of the snipet you copied.
Look at the left side of the image. There is a block / strip of the image
of a different picture visible.
It does this on my machines, on all slides the entire way thru the first
run of the images.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 06:15 PM
That is because of the different sizes of the images. You should use the same size for a proper display. The Image Slider widget cannot crop the images automatically to the same size so you should edit it before adding them in the widget settings.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 06:22 PM
And by the way, that is also because of the "Slider Transition" which is currently set to "Fade" and since the image sizes are different, you'll see the previous image on fade in the background. Using images with the same size should help you fix it.
- depotlawncareAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 06:24 PMif that was actually the problem, why do the images display perfectly after
the 2nd run of the slide show?
There is no error after it displays the 2nd time. ?
- depotlawncareAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 06:29 PMagain I must respectfully disagree. After the 2nd run of the issues there
is no display.
the browser appears to handle the code for the display sizes much better (
or perfectly ) after the 2nd run.
What would account for its ability to correct this issue, and I think we
will be one step closer to finding the real answer.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 07:26 PM
Again, probably because of the image sizes and the widget are loading them on the first run. Since the images are already loaded so it is fine on the second run.
Can you try resizing them and make it the same? We can forward this thread to our developers if the issue persists after doing this suggestion.
Also, I forgot to mention, you are hotlinking the images. Please upload them to your own server instead.
- depotlawncareAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 07:44 PMok I will give that a shot. Just to test your theory,
Re sizing distorts the the images tho. How do you suggest someone resize
the images without distortion. This is not possible.
The images are from the web, we cannot control their size and there is not
enough to choose from some how mandate they all be the same size.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 10:20 PM
Is this the issue you are referring to? See screenshot below.
If so, it seems that the problem occurs due to this image : http://ak6.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2269355/preview/stock-footage-office-worker-at-the-workplace-calls-by-phone.jpg
Can you try moving the order of the image so it won't be on the last slide (like displaying it first) or removing the image and see if it works?
We will wait for your response.
- depotlawncareAnswered on July 23, 2015 at 04:24 PMYes that is precisely the issue, I will try that.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 23, 2015 at 06:24 PM
That particular image is shown to me yesterday so I'm not sure. Please try it and let us know for the result.