- hbcoshannonAsked on July 29, 2015 at 04:00 PM
I'd like to offer a drop down calendar where you can choose the date, but once it's chosen there is a box that auto-populates the corresponding day of the week. Basically, on the submission end we need to see the day of the week at-a-glance, but also need the date. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 29, 2015 at 05:26 PM
Please check this template http://www.jotform.com/form-templates/show-day-of-the-week
Tell us if this matches what you were looking for.
You can use the template so that you can also review it on your Form Builder.
Hope this help. Let us know if we can assist you further.
- hbcoshannonAnswered on July 30, 2015 at 09:35 AM
Yes! This is perfect, but how to I add these fields to my existing form?
- BenAnswered on July 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM
To do that you will need to add 2 fields to your form and set few conditions:
1. A DateTime field found under Quick Tools
2. add any field that you prefer. I would suggest adding TextBox field from Form Tools:
The only thing that is left now is to set the conditions to check which day it is.
We do that through Update a Form Field value option in conditions:
And then set it to check which day it is and enter the same value into the text box:
That is it :)
Of course you need to repeat the steps for all days of the week :)
Do let us know however if you have any further questions along the way and we would be happy to assist.
- hbcoshannonAnswered on July 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM
Thanks so much, that is working perfectly!
- BenAnswered on July 30, 2015 at 02:19 PM
You are welcome and I am glad to hear that it is working for you.
Do let us know if you have any further questions or if you need any further assistance and we would be happy to assist :)