- lauraweisAsked on September 15, 2010 at 08:57 PM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 16, 2010 at 05:34 AM
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the submission.
3. If you use the Reports feature only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
5. Regularly download submissions and then delete them from your account.
- rickebAnswered on January 15, 2011 at 02:31 PM
When will I be able to add Text Blocks to the Submissions Page (I realize this is a feature you have not implemented yet, but I need it ASAP) I own a Trucking Company and the job application data supplied at the website needs to be secure. Because of the nature of our Driver Applications, there need to be qualifying Text Blocks in the application itself and therefore in the Submissions to make the application complete. I know I can add these Text Blocks in the emails but have just realized that the emails are not secure (so clearly I'll be editing sensitive information out of the emails) Can you give me a realistic idea of when this feature will be available?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 16, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Please post your unrelated questions on their own threads. Do not take over someone else's forum thread with other questions.
- msenter1Answered on April 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
This is great! I updated all my forms to be secure. Can you help me figure out how to make it to where I just get an email advising a form has been submitted instead of all info?
- fxrAnswered on April 12, 2012 at 02:04 PM
@msenter1, please open a new thread for your own issue. It just makes things easier for us from a user support perspective.