- wotsmikeAsked on August 04, 2015 at 11:18 AM
I don't see record types in the dropdown of the JotForm integration screen? Is it supported?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 01:00 PM
Could you provide us more information on Record type in SalesForce? On my salesforce developer account, I'm unable to find this Record type. If you can provide us with a more information along with a screenshot, we will be glad to help you further by forwarding the request to our backend team.
We will wait for your response. Thank you!
- wotsmikeAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 01:43 PM
Record types define the page layout and thus the available fields. I need it because my form is built in such a way to support two types of records that I have under my salesforce contacts.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 02:37 PM
Thank you for providing additional information with this. Let me forward this thread to our backend team to check if this can be implemented. We cannot guarantee that the feature shall be implemented or any ETA at the moment. You'll be posted through the thread if there is any update on this.
- wotsmikeAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 02:43 PM
What I've seen using other form builders is that I would add a hidden field and populate that hidden field with the Record Type ID.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 03:21 PM
Well, you can add a textbox field then hide it in the form. You can add the Record Type ID as the default value. But I don't think that will do it since the integration doesn't support it yet.
- wotsmikeAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 03:33 PM
Couldn't get that to work... didn't know if there was any other workaround?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 03:55 PM
Try it through Zapier: https://zapier.com/zapbook/jotform/salesforce/.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 01, 2017 at 09:06 AM
We are terribly sorry for the long wait, but we'd like to inform you that this feature is now available.
You may select the record type after you have chosen the object (Lead/Contact/Account) you want JotForm to create.
Do let us know if you have any comments or suggestions or if you need help with anything related to JotForm.