- transpayAsked on August 07, 2015 at 08:26 PM
I'm looking for a way to prevent users from submitting role-based emails, such as emails starting with:
Is there a way for me to do this through jotform?
- BenAnswered on August 08, 2015 at 03:29 AM
Yes, it is quite simple to do as well.
To do that, all you should do is to check the start of the email field, but let me show it through example:
The way that this is achieved is by adding an email field and a Text element that will be used as a warning on the form.
Then we simply set up the conditions to match if the email starts with any of the above, like so:
And that is it :)
Do test it out and let us know what you think :)
- transpayAnswered on August 09, 2015 at 05:46 PM
Thanks for your help. However I followed your instructions and found no success. Here were my steps.
1. Using a long list of role-based strings, I created a rule to show the message if any emails began with any of those strings.
2. Then I duplicated the rule and wrote if the string DOESN'T start with those strings, to hide the error message and show submit.
When the form live (page 3), the message did not show. The URL of my form is http://form.jotform.us/form/51846609083158.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 09, 2015 at 09:31 PM
There's no need for the second set of conditional rules. Removing them will resolve the issue.
Should you encounter further problems with this or anything else JotForm related, we'd be happy to help.
- transpayAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 04:45 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 05:50 PM
Glad we could help. Do let us know if there's anything else with which you need assistance.