- TEKNOVARAsked on December 20, 2011 at 02:08 PM
POSTING A "REQUEST FOR QUOTE " FORM TO MY CUSTOMERS, IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY TO AUTOGENERATE THE FIELD .....EXAMPLE THE "QUOTE ID #" WITH A NEW NUMBER EVERY TIME THAT PARTICULAR WRITE A NEW "REQUEST FOR QUOTE "
- fxrAnswered on December 20, 2011 at 05:39 PM
You can create unique IDs on each form submitted. These fields are hidden on the form itself.
Please review this User Guide article and have a think if this feature is suitable in your case.
- TEKNOVARAnswered on December 20, 2011 at 07:08 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
- gharrisAnswered on June 20, 2012 at 01:42 PM
Is there any way to display this field on the form?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 20, 2012 at 06:56 PM
I am afraid that's not possible. A unique ID can only be taken if the form was successfully submitted. Displaying it in an un-submitted (yet) form will defeat its purpose.
The good news is that you can display the unique ID assigned to a submitted form in its Thank You message or in an autoresponder sent to the user.
If you need further information on that, just hit us up.