JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Voice Recorder Widget: recordings are not getting saved when conditionally hiddenAsked by Double_Reading on August 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM
I'm having this same problem, even though it's set to 'Don't Clear'. I'm using the Recorder Widget, but I only want the user to make one recording. I have a rule set up that after the field is filled (by pressing STOP), the recorder hides itself. It does seem to complete the "Saving" routine, so I'm unsure as to why I'm not getting the recordings under 'View Submissions'.
Thanks and kind regards,
I do apologize for the issue that you are experiencing with your form. I was able to replicate the issue.
It does appear that the Voice recorder widget fields are being cleared when hidden, as removing the hidden conditions shows the recordings in the submissions page.
I have passed on this issue to our developers. Any update will be posted on this thread.
Until the issue is resolved, please remove the condition to get the recordings when your form is submitted.
The script that handles the upload session is inturrupted, not because the value is cleared when the widget is hidden, but because the process is incomplete:
1. The widget collects the voice data via flash
2. A stop event triggers the upload session
3. The upload session is supposed to return the URL of the uploaded voice file, then it can pass to your form via postmessage (the widget opens in an iframe, this is how it communicates with your form)
4. Before the URL is returned, however, the widget is hidden the process is inturrupted. We'll take a look and see how we can resolve this.
We'll update you once this has been completed.
In the meantime, please try the following to get your form working:
1. Wrap your voice recording widget in hidden form collapse sections as shown here.
2. Use the same show/hide rule on the first collapse section, that way, the widget completes its process behind the scenes without interruption :
I hope that helps - let us know.
Hey, that worked out well. Thanks! The only thing it doesn't do is send the links to the wav files in the email. I have to go into Form submissions to copy the links.
That's Odd - I took a copy of your form and ran a quick test - got all the recordings on email:
Perhaps the email notification settings just needs a refresh.
Let us know.