- ExecTechAsked on August 25, 2015 at 06:09 PM
I set up a notifier that sends the submitted forms in PDF to our clients. It would be great if I could include the image in the form.
I'm just checking if there is any news on this feature?
- ExecTechAnswered on August 25, 2015 at 07:25 PM
I saw Alp's post and gave it a try. Works great!
- ExecTechAnswered on August 25, 2015 at 07:58 PM
Oops, it's buggy. I can't attach PDFs to Notifier emails now. It did work quite well, one time.
I hope it becomes an easy-to-use function soon!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 12:38 AM
As I tried adding an image to the PDF by customizing, it seems to be working fine. Following is the screenshot of the PDF file displayed from email.
Could you try again and let us know if you still continue to see any issues with the JotForm. It would be helpful for us to investigate the issue if you can provide us with a screenshot of the issue.
- ExecTechAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 12:22 PM
As you can see below, the "Attach PDF" is checked, but the PDF is NOT attached when sent to the recipients. I have two notifiers: one goes to the email address in the form and the other is conditional based on a code entry.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 01:57 PM
I notice that the option to attach PDF file is only available only when using Jotform's default email address as the Sender's email address in the Email setup wizard.
I'm not sure if this is intentionally set due to some complications by attaching files while using SMTP accounts. Let me forward the issue to our backend team to check on this issue. Once we have any update on this issue, you'll be posted through the thread.
Meanwhile, you may use JotForm's default email address as your sender email address if you want to attach the PDF file with the email. If you want to use custom sender Email address, you may place a PDF link of the submission in the email.
- ExecTechAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Yes, I figured out that if I used my own email address as the Sender E-mail, it would remove the option to attach the PDF.
I look forward to a solution.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 06:18 PM
That is correct.
Please be assured that you will be notified via this thread for any updates regarding the issue with the Attach PDF option on "Provide Sender and Recipient Details" window. I'm sorry if we cannot provide any ETA to when this will be fixed. You can try the workaround suggested by my colleague, Kiran, at the moment. Thank you for your understanding.
- ExecTechAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 07:26 PM
OK, thanks Mike.
- ExecTechAnswered on August 29, 2015 at 01:45 PMOK, thanks again. I hope it will be fixed soon.
I noticed that if I used my account email address (email@example.com), the PDF attachment option worked.
So as a workaround, I changed my account email to the email address I want as the Send Email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately, that did not work.
Can you set it up so email@example.com will be allowed to send PDF attachments?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on August 29, 2015 at 10:20 PM
Thank you so much for the update. Our developers are now aware of the email address that you would like to be allowed to send PDF attachments. They'll see what they can do, but again I'm sorry if we cannot give you any ETA to when this will be all fixed. However, please be assured that it is being worked on. Thank you for you patience.
- alp_denizAnswered on October 01, 2015 at 09:52 PM
I have just tested by setting three different sender emails by approval (one being the default email) and I received submission PDF for all three of them.
Would you please check again or help me replicate the issue? Or is it is only related to SMTP email addresses?
- ExecTechAnswered on October 02, 2015 at 03:47 PMI checked and yes, it’s only related to SMTP email addresses.
The default email addresses all work fine. New ones do not allow the attachment still.
I actually opened a new JotForm account with the address I wanted to use. I copied my forms and moved on. As the email I wanted to use is the default address, it’s working fine for my needs.
Thanks for the note!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on October 02, 2015 at 04:57 PM
Thank you for providing more details. Our developer Alp have also received your latest response update.
We will notify you here for new/updates on the status of the ticket as soon as available.
- alp_denizAnswered on October 03, 2015 at 11:27 PM
I have enabled PDF attachments in SMTP emails upon your request. Thank you for your suggestion, it is greatly appreciated!
- ExecTechAnswered on October 04, 2015 at 03:47 PMOkay, great.