- ChasWebDesignAsked on December 30, 2011 at 04:35 PM
Form #1362311. I have a Text Box field for Number of Adults. However, this and the phone number field are not being sent in the email. The Text Box field is set to Required, while the phone number field is not. The Questions... field, also not required, DOES get sent in the email. Why are these two fields not coming through?
By the way, a very helpful tool. Do you by any chance have a product that could be used for room reservations?
Thanks, and have a Happy New Year.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on December 30, 2011 at 09:39 PM
Can you try to reset the email notification the variables for the said fields are not included in the body of the email.
To do that:
1. Open your form on the Form Builder
2. Click on "Setup and Embed" tab,
3. Click on "Email Alerts",
4. Select "Notification",
5. Click on "Delete Email" button,
6. Click on "Email Alerts" again,
7. Click on "Add New Email" and complete the wizard.
Jotform can also be used to create reservation forms, you may want to take a look at one of the sample reservation forms which is available once you create a new form.
Hope this information helps.
- ChasWebDesignAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 07:20 PM
RE: Reservation forms
I have designed a website for a B&B in Canada. What would be most helpful is if we can have a close to real-time solution: customer uses website to submit a room reservation, and the form actively checks for conflicts on any of the dates requested. Does your form accomodate that?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 09:42 PM
Unfortunately, checking duplicate dates or date conflicts isn't possible with JotForm. You can only create a simpler booking form with a DateTime picker.
You can also create a Calendar or Grid report where the filled dates can be shown, and then link to that report from the form so the users can see which dates are available and choose those dates from the date picker pop-up.
Please let us know if you have further questions. Thank you so much!