- nmoore1127Asked on September 20, 2015 at 12:21 AM
No longer able to type into the form once I added conditions.
It was working and then suddenly stopped.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 20, 2015 at 07:30 PM
It's correct, disable that condition, I have cloned your form, and I can see when it's disable, then you are able to type, I will forward this to our second level, you will be notified about any updates.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 20, 2015 at 07:45 PM
In Chrome, upon cloning the form and then trying to load it, it wouldn't load. In fact, both the tab in which the form should have loaded and the one containing the form builder became unresponsive. After closing both tabs and reloading the form in the form builder, I examined its condition and noticed that it contained duplicate rules:
Once I deleted the second one the form functioned just fine. Therefore, I would advise you to do likewise:
Please let us know if this resolves the issue on your end.
- nmoore1127Answered on September 20, 2015 at 09:47 PMHi, So bummed. I fixed my conditions and it still doesn't work in preview. I type a character, I see it for a second and then it's gone. I'm really hoping to use this form for my client. I even created a new form and the same thing happens. No problem entering text until I add conditions. Here's a screenshot. Same url as before.
- SammyAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 07:22 AM
One of our developers is currently looking into this issue, you will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.
- nmoore1127Answered on September 21, 2015 at 07:23 PM
Hi, Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
- SammyAnswered on September 22, 2015 at 03:29 AM
We haven't received any feedback from our development team regarding the status. The issue is being treated with high priority and is currently under active investigation.
Thank you for you patience.
- nmoore1127Answered on September 22, 2015 at 02:34 PM