- sjpdAsked on September 21, 2015 at 02:54 AM2.) The widget now puts my "County" (example: Santa Clara) in the Province field. This changed a few weeks ago when the widget was modified and updated to fix a different bug related to dragging the pin to a new location. The "State" (Example: California) should fill the Province field for US addresses.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM
From what I can see you are referring to the "province" getting data as the "county" for the Address Map Locator Widget.
I recall the same as well to confirm that with you that I too remember it being state. I've sent notice of this issue to our Widget Team to work on a solution to help you correct this and we'll update you here as soon as that is implemented.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Also, I took a moment to do some investigating about " province" just to be sure and I found that a province can actually be a county since it is theoretically defined as a region, sector, zone, area, division per say.
Though I believe our Devs will be able to come up with a good solution to make this work more towards your advantage with how you want it be displayed.
If you google "province" it returns this proper description -
- sjpdAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 11:41 AM
Just to be clear, county is not used in mailing addresses in the US. State is generally considered to be the analog for Canadian provinces. Therefore it would be consistent with usage patterns if province in the widget was always populated with the state. In fact, it would be helpful if the label was changed to "State/Province".
- KadeJMAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 01:31 PM
You are correct, and I get what you mean by that.
Thank you for clarifying what you are seeking with it as it makes a bit more sense as such.
I've updated the ticket I opened on this thread for your request with this and that information. So we'll definitely update you here as soon as we can if any changes happen.
- sjpdAnswered on September 21, 2015 at 01:36 PM
Thanks for the great support!