- Williamj787Asked on January 08, 2012 at 06:42 PM
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 08, 2012 at 08:12 PM
You can enable Send Uploads to FTP on your form but this doesn't mean the download link that will be sent to your email will be pointed to your domain but instead on JotForm Server. Enabling FTP Uploads will only send and store a copy of submissions and uploaded files on your host after the form is submitted.
To send uploads to FTP, please do the following steps:
1. Go to My Forms, click on the form that you want to enable ftp in then click Submissions button
2. Click the settings icon to the right side of the submissions page
3. Click Send Uploads to FTP
4. Enter your ftp credentials in the FTP Integration Wizard, then click Next
5. Configure the folders and directory where you want your uploads to be saved. Click Finish.
Please let us know if you have further questions with regards to this. Thank you for using JotForm!
- 24hourtradingAnswered on July 05, 2012 at 06:11 AM
When does this action happen - when the form is submitted by the user, or only when you fill in the wizard?
Also, your answer indicates that items sent to FTP will still have the JotForms URL in form data - is this correct (we should be able to convert this, just want to be clear!).
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 05, 2012 at 07:47 AM
It is when the form is submitted by the user after the integration, which also means existing (old) submission files will not be transferred.
Yes, that's correct. FTP Integration doesn't change the URL of the uploaded files, meaning nothing will change in JotForm side. It does only send a separate copy of these files to your server.
Hope this clarifies a bit. Should you have any further questions, please let us know. Thank you.