- ashishranasAsked on September 27, 2015 at 02:03 AM
Hi Team, just have couple of questions-
1) Under Preferences > General Settings > Responsive Form: What does this functionality caters to? Selecting YES/ NO , I have tested my forms, but they don look different on either my laptop/ desktop/ mobile. Can you please help me understand more about this, and what is ideal to select (yes/no) for better form experience across devices..
2)Under Preferences > Advanced Settings > Encrypt Form Data: I have read through other blogs, and they say that the data is encrypted on forms, but not encrypted when stored in JotForm servers and I am okay with that.. So if we intent to collect the general contact info of our clients and don want this info to be hacked, should this be selected as 'YES'?
Note: I don intent to have SSL certificate on my site.. so I am sure to not be using secure JotForms..
3)Under Preferences > Form Limits > Unique Question: What does this functionality intend to do?
Thanks for all your support..
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 27, 2015 at 05:06 PM
For the Responsive Form question please review our user guide about it here1. “Responsive Form” on Form Preferences - This is the quickest and easiest method, but it has some limitations. It’s still supported for legacy reasons. Just follow these two short steps and your form is good to go on mobile devices.a. While editing your form in the form builder, click Preferencesb. Set Responsive Form to “Yes” in the Preferences window.This method targets the display area of the form with a maximum width of 480 in terms of pixel which is a very common width for mobile devices like iphones.
Let us know if you need further clarification on this.
We will respond to the 2 other questions separately here
- ashishranasAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 06:36 AM
Thanks Jonathan. I went through the user guide, and its definitely helpful. But currently I have added the 'Mobile Responsive' Widget to my form. Do you think this alone will help, or should I ONLY choose one of the three options as stated in the user guide, or does that need to be a combination of both the widget and one of the options from the guide for a superior user experience?
Thanks for your continued help and guidance.
- ashishranasAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 06:38 AM
Also, you guys spoke about some limitation to Option 1 from user guide.. Would Option 2 or 3 is what you guys would recommend over 1?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 08:44 AM
Everything works the same so we recommend using one only from the three options. But I always used the responsive option in the designer.
- ashishranasAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 09:19 AM
that helps.. Thanks Welvin
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 28, 2015 at 09:31 AM
Please contact us again if we can help in any way.