- Brett EubankAsked on January 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I created my form a while back and didn't print out my username/password info. But I guess there was a cookie or something because anytime I would put in jotform.com it would automatically log me in. Now it doesn't do that for some reason. Can you help?Page URL:
- Brett EubankAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Here is the exact web address associated with the form.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 01:42 PM
Your form is created under a "Guest" account, which means that you do not have an account username or password. Incidentally, your form is also over the submission quota for guest accounts, that is why it is temporarily disabled.
To remedy these issues, register a free JotForm account with the same email address you used for your form's notification email. Your form and data should automatically be transferred to the new account. In the event that this does not happen, please inform us so we can manually move your form.
- gracehillAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 02:20 PM
I signed up for a free account, but the form did not show up. Could you manually move it? Thanks so much. By the way, we are big fans of jotform.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 02:30 PM
All done. Thank you for choosing JotForm as your form builder!