- jeff.jacobs.bcbaAsked on October 06, 2015 at 08:40 AM
The script works nicely. PROBLEM (nothing to do with the script) that the number of characters available per line in the "select values" box is limited=after a certain number of characters the characters or words are not visible. That means the boxes containing the "values" should be expandable and probably need to be placed vertically above each other vs side-by side. This could be an option within the widget for longer text.
- CharlieAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 09:05 AM
To confirm, the problem is that there's a character limit in the Dual Listbox widget, is that correct? Have you tried using "|" as a separation for each option?
When I use the option, the options selected from left to right are complete and not cut off in the submission.
If you are referring to the long options to be shown fully in the form, then you can try adding this custom CSS code in the widget:
word-wrap: break-word; /* IE*/
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; /* Firefox */
white-space: pre-wrap; /* other browsers */
However, I believe this only works in Google Chrome view, here's where you can add it:
You can check this test form that I made and view it in Chrome: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52784021965965?
Let us know if that's what you meant.
- jeff.jacobs.bcbaAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 09:47 AMThanks Charlie,
I cloned your form, but what keystroke is the vertical line on a Mac?
- CharlieAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 10:58 AM
I don't have a Mac computer right now, but I see that the Apple support discussed it here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1875126. See if that thread helps.
Let us know if that works.
- jeff.jacobs.bcbaAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 11:47 AMYes -that’s the right keystroke. I will work on testing everything tonight and email you the outcome.
- CharlieAnswered on October 06, 2015 at 01:12 PM
Great. Please do update us if you need more information on this :)