What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Jotform form builder won't save the changes madeAsked by pixelgirl on October 12, 2015 at 01:40 PM
I have had this problem before. I was using Firefox and last time when I switched browsers it suddenly worked. This time that isn't working. I have tried making changes in Chrome and Safari.
Do you have any suggestions for what I should try? I need a new form posted this week and this recurring problem is very frustrating!
Apologies for the inconvenience.
May we know if you are getting any error messages in your end?
I currently don't have a Mac OS computer to test it out, but I tried it on a Mac OS Yosemite emulator on Safari 8 browser.
I will forward this to our developers to have a better look, but could you provide us perhaps the browser console when you are editing your form so that we can check the error logs? That will help us and our developers to further assist you.
1. First, open your Chrome browser in Mac OS
2. Log in to your www.jotform.com account
3. Open the browser console by right clicking on the page, choose "Inspect Element", the browser console will then be displayed
4. The console will capture any error messages (if there are any) when you make changes or save the form. Now follow this guide on how to make a screenshot: https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT201361
It's possible that this happens when your session timed out, or if you are opening multiple form builders in multiple tabs in one browser. It is also possible that the save button just keeps loading when there's an interruption in your internet connection.
We'll wait for your response.
Thanks. Here's the screen shot:
Thank you for the screenshot. However, it is not having required information to investigate the issue. We request you to follow the steps below and provide us the screenshot.
1. Click on Change Orientation icon on the top-right corner so that the console screen moves down.
2. Now, click on Console tab and leave it open.
3. Open any JotForm in your account and make any modification to the form
4. Click on Save
5. If there are any errors, the console shall be updated.
6. Take a screenshot and save it.
7. Share the screenshot on this thread by replying.
You can also record the screen by using Jing software which is free to use.
Hope this information helps!
I apologize for this delayed response. I have tried but failed replicating the issue. If this is still happening on your end, may I request for you to try clearing out all cookies and cache on your browser, log in to your account again and try modifying and saving your form again.
Please do let us know if the problem persists.