- studiograndAsked on October 13, 2015 at 09:18 PM
However some other things have come to light
In a nutshell, I have two forms. The first one is here:
This form captures the session ID (and adds both a Unique ID and the submission ID) and is added to the url of the second form here:
Turns out that using the form with the session ID, which is the way I have set it up, is what is preventing dropbox from downloading images. I just tried it both with and without a session ID with drive and it looks like the same issue. Without session ID the images download, with session ID the images do not download.
- CharlieAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 09:48 PM
So I made some tests in my end, it seems like when the form is saved via session ID and you have uploaded the files, it doesn't save it on the current session, so when the user comes back and sees that the selected files are in the upload field and continues to submit, there's no files uploaded in your Google Drive. Here's how I replicated the problem:
1. Form 1 creates a session link
2. I opened the link to open Form 2
3. I fill out the form up until to the file uploads and click "Save and Continue"
4. I then closed my browser, then opened the session link again.
5. Here you'll see that the folder name is still incorrect in my end (which is a different issue).
6. In my submission folder, you'll see that the file uploads are not transferred to my Google Drive.
I also tried submitting the form with a session ID without closing the browser, and the problem is the same. So it seems like when the file uploads is saved by the session, it is actually prevents it to be uploaded in Google Drive.
I have forwarded this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience on this matter. We will update you on this thread as soon as this has been fixed.
- studiograndAnswered on October 13, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Thank you! Yes, that is what I've experienced. Hopefully the dev's will get this all figured out. :)
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on October 14, 2015 at 07:05 AM
On behalf of all our colleague, you are kindly welcome. I see that, my colleague forwarded this issue to our developers. We will inform you as soon as possible, when our developers solve the problem.
Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Sorry for the late notice, but this bug is now fixed.
Thank you very much for your patience.