- sdomin2Asked on January 13, 2012 at 03:58 PM
I am unable to download excel sheets on the submission page. I am getting an EXT error. What do I need to do to fix this?
- fxrAnswered on January 13, 2012 at 04:44 PM
Have you tried a different web browser?
What is the form ID/URL you are seeing this issue on?
- sdomin2Answered on January 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I've been unable to download excel files from any of my forms. The submission page comes up but never loads the pdf viewer or the record list at the bottom. I've tried internet explorer as well as firefox.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Have you tried that you try to open the attempted file to be downloaded instead?
- sdomin2Answered on January 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
How does one do that? I click on submissions and then on the excel download button.
- fxrAnswered on January 17, 2012 at 03:30 PM
And its definately happening on all your forms?
There may be an issue like this if a form has a lots of submissions, but its really odd that it is happening on all your forms.
If there is any data you really quick, please advise which form(s) you need the data for and we download the submissions in Excel format and send them over you.
- sdomin2Answered on January 17, 2012 at 03:44 PM
The problem began when we had a from with a couple of thousand submissions, and since then I've been unable to download the responses to my work machine. I can do it from home on my Mac but not at the office. Our IT department says there's no reason for this on our end.
It happens on the LGU Staff Data Challenge Form as well. I've also tried the RFS Application Receipt form submissions with no success.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 17, 2012 at 04:52 PM
Could you please provide us with the full error message? Is this the same error in different browsers?
Please also try to check the submissions through https://secure.jotform.com/
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- fxrAnswered on January 17, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Yes, sodmin2, if you could even get a screenshot of the error message it would be great.
I havent seen anything reported quite like this before. Its very difficult to troubleshoot as its so isolated even you are not able replicate it at a different location!
- sdomin2Answered on January 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Is there an email where I can send screenshots? I can't upload a jpg here. I haven't seen an actual error message lately, but I can send you a screenshot of what I get after clicking on submissions.
- fxrAnswered on January 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Yes, email it to jotformsupport [at] gmail [dot] com
Mark the subject with this threads title please.
- sdomin2Answered on January 18, 2012 at 01:45 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 18, 2012 at 04:23 PM
Thank you for provided information.
Could you please run the following command in order to check if you can reach our CDN?
On the following page, you can find the information about mentioned ping command:
- sdomin2Answered on January 18, 2012 at 04:43 PM
I performed the ping command and emailed the printscreen of the results.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 18, 2012 at 04:52 PM
For some reason, you cannot reach the CDN. If possible please contact your system administrator in order to check why the 126.96.36.199 IP address is not accessible from your office.
If you need any further assistance on this, please let us know.
- sdomin2Answered on January 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I've forwarded the link for this thread to our IT department.
- fxrAnswered on January 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
It definately does look like an issue with your internal network not being able to access our CDN.
Please let us know what they have to say.