- MORWAAsked on October 20, 2015 at 11:28 AM
This is a browser issue, I'm sure. When in IE11 and selecting to edit a form with a file upload, the edit requests the file again, as if it is not attached. Chrome recognizes the file as attached during an edit and does not request it again. It would be nice if IE worked the way Chrome does for this.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM
I did some testing in a few versions of IE and in each one, the files were retained when editing the submission:
This was true for both single and multiple file uploads. It may be something specific to your copy of IE preventing the previous file uploads from being shown while editing. Try updating your IE to the most recent version. As far as I can tell, this should be working in most version of IE.
- MORWAAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 03:27 PM
This is consistently failing on two different computers using IE11 and on a third using Edge. While it may be a setting incompatibility, it's still a problem. Updating the browsers do not seem to be the problem.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 05:00 PM
May I ask what is shown when editing the submission in IE? Is the file that was previously uploaded not shown at all? I am unable to reproduce this on my end so I am trying to get a better idea of what I am looking for. If you provide a screenshot of the issue that would also be greatly appreciated.
- MORWAAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 05:18 PM
Here you go:
1) This is the form state before pressing the Submit button:
This is the error shown after submitting:
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 06:54 PM
Thank you. I cloned your form and I was able to reproduce the issue:
The file upload field even looks different in IE:
When compared to Chrome:
To get around this, change to multiple file uploads for your field, then set the maximum to 1:
The error was no longer present in IE and no other changes needed to be made.
If that still does not allow for things to work in IE, let us know and we will pass this along to our developers.
- MORWAAnswered on October 20, 2015 at 07:27 PM
Thanks for tracking this down. I appreciate it!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 21, 2015 at 02:30 AM
Glad my colleague's solution helps.
Should you need anything else, feel free to let us know.