- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM
It's not possible to edit the submission date even if you Edit the submission and re-submit it, it will still keep the first data from the original submission:
A workaround on this would be:
1) Add the DateTime field a the top of your form
2) Click on Default Date, and choose "Current"
3) Click on On Time icon to show the time, you can also set the Default Time to "Current"
4) Click on the gear icon and hide the field
Once the user submits the form, you can update the " New Submission Date" by simply going to Submissions view, hide the default submission date(the none editable), and click on Edit icon, so you can update your custom Submission Date field, see animated image bellow:
Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions.
- stiattiAnswered on October 30, 2015 at 08:56 PM
Hi Thanks for your suggestion but that doesn't work for me as the resubmission date needs to be updated automatically with no manual intervention.
I found a better solution:
Create a condition that will overwrite the current date into the date field we want to update. Of course the condition needs to be one that will certainly occur. I my case I have a field that will certainly be selected on resubmission as it is the purpose of the resubmission of the form. The condition is triggered on that radio button selection and the date field is then filled with the current date.
- SammyAnswered on October 31, 2015 at 07:19 AM
Glad you hear you found a solution, I will share it with other user who have a similar scenario thank you.