- MetroSerbiaAsked on October 28, 2015 at 08:17 AM
Does somebody knows if there is chance to have unique form submission to be executed up on form load?
If I have a long form, and set it up to be unique on field customer (I'm pre loading these values) when I'm sending links for for to the customers what I want is not to waste their time.
Like if customer forgot that he filled in form/survey, up on form load he will be presented page with
Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
Is this possible?
- JotForm DeveloperiremAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 09:20 AM
Yes, it is possible in JotForm! All you need to do is change your Form Limits from Preferences. You can follow the steps explained below.
1. Login to your JotForm account and click Edit Form from the My Forms page.
2. Click Preferences.
3. Click Form Limits and select check format from the Unique Submission dropdown. Loose Check option only checks cookies, Strict Check option also checks for unique IP addresses.
After that, your form will not allow for a second submission from the same IP and gives an error message just like this:
Hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.
- MetroSerbiaAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 09:26 AM
Sorry that is not what I need.
I have text box in form where I'm preloading user name.
This text box is set to be unique criteria.
Problem is when I'm having form with many questions (15-20) and user fills in all answers, hitting submit will show him that error message, thus giving me frustrated user and losing confidence in me.
What I need is form to check on form load for unique criteria, and if it is not found in answers to show form, if this uniqe criteria is found in aswers then to show error message to user.
Is this possible?
- CharlieAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM
If you want to make a validation if an existing value is present in your submissions based from an input, then perhaps the "Unique Question" under Form Limits will work. Here's a guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question.
So let's say username "john123" has already made a submission and filled out the username text box, then he cannot submit the form again.
You can also try using the widgets below to create unique keys or strings:
I hope that helps.
- MetroSerbiaAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM
I'm using that but problem is that check of unique question is done only after user hits submit button.
I want this check to be executed on form load
- CharlieAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do this, but can be possible.
If you want to check the input field and see if it is already existing without clicking the submit button, then you can try using the conditional logic. However, that means you will manually input those values of the unique question in your list.
Here's an example form: https://form.jotform.com/53004901862954?
Enter john1 or john2 and it will hide the submit button and shows a message. I set this up using conditional logic. Here's how:
1. First, I added an input text box for the unique input. I added a "Text" field to be used as the message to be shown.
2. In the "Conditions", choose "Show/Hide a form field"
3. Here you'll see how I setup the rules and actions of the conditions.
I hope that helps.
- MetroSerbiaAnswered on October 29, 2015 at 03:45 AM
Close but not quite :)
Manually keeping list is not a way for us to go...
Could you please take in to consideration this request to be a new feature for some of next update?Giving users option to choose one unique field which will be checked against already existing submissions on form load event?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on October 29, 2015 at 09:04 AM
We will forward this as a feature request to our developers. You will be updated on the thread created for your request if it is feasible.
You may follow up on your feature request via this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/692864