- Randy DickeyAsked on January 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM
my question is the same as this one which was asked by another person recently...but i did not see a reponse.
I'm looking for a secure payment form type that my customers can use to submit their payment with cc info to me for payment on travel arrangements. We submit the payments to the vendors, such as the cruise line, so there is no need for a merchant account.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on January 20, 2012 at 09:24 PM
You can enable SSL on the form so that data submitted is secured however when it is saved on our servers it is no longer encrypted so it would not be a good idea to keep it in your submissions. It is advisable that you download submissions and delete from your account to keep it safe. Credit Card data is sensitive and needs to be protected at all times. JotForm is not designed for such use we do not recommend this approach you will be doing it on your own risk.
Here are some additional suggestions to increase the security of your data:
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
3. If you use the Reports feature only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
5. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
6. Regularly download submissions and then delete them form the site.
If you have questions feel free to ask.