- pnolinAsked on November 05, 2015 at 05:43 PM
I would like to use JotForm to input customer telephone orders and process payments. The workflow is as follows:
1. Staff input customer name and contact info into a form. (I can set this up in JotForm).
2. Process credit card payments within the form. (My IT guy will set this up).
3. Upon completion of the transaction, have a packing slip or "order complete" form pop up on the screen that I can print on letter paper, fold and stuff into a #10 window envelope. The customer mailing info would line up for the window of the envelope. (This is the part I need help figuring out).
Is this a realistic project to accomplish with JotForm? Is there a template that I can customize? It's mainly step 3 that is stumping me.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 10:05 PM
I'm thinking of creating a Custom Thank-You page and print it after submission. Since most browsers have an option to print the page, you can use that to print the custom Thank-You page that you will be creating.
Here's a sample form: https://form.jotform.com/53087650021953
What we need to create the custom Thank-You page are the field names of the fields. You can get all field names by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I on your keyboard when you're on the form builder page or try folllowing the instruction this guide: How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names
Notice that I've separated the fields for the address so that it would be easy to arrange it in the Thank-You page.
You can also get those field names when you edit the Thank-You message.
Now, when your form is submitted. The Thank-You message will show which you can then print using your browser's print option. The print option also allows you to save it first as a PDF copy and print it at a later time using your PDF reader.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know and we will be glad to help you. Thank you.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on November 05, 2015 at 11:30 PM
Hi @Mike_G. Just wanted to share what I came up with.
Here's the link for the live form.
1. The approach I used is similar to that of JotForm Support @Mike_G. The print-out info can be viewed on either the Notification email you will receive and the Thank You page. (fig. 1 & 2 below)
I think the Thank You page would be easier to print since there are no other stuff surrounding the contact info for printing. As compared to the one received in the email which will include in the print-out some email-client stuff like a short summary of the email subject, message and other info.
2. Another method is to Download the customer info you need for printing then setup Mail Merge in MS Word and specify the dimension of the paper you'll use.
*** The placement of the contact info is dependent on where the window is positioned. It can be adjusted as needed.
Just my 2 cents worth :)
- Randy, fellow JotForm user.
fig. 1 - with superimposed dimension for #10 window envelope (for visual comparison only)
fig. 2 - for actual print-out with #10 window envelope dimensions
Dimension i used as guide for the #10 window envelope:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 06, 2015 at 01:41 AM
Thank you for sharing your solution to us and to a fellow user.
Great job and we highly appreciate this.
- pnolinAnswered on November 06, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Thanks folks. These are some great ideas. I'll work with them.