- eschwartzAsked on October 04, 2010 at 02:26 PM
this would be ideal in situations where one might have a few fields that need to be duplicated together.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 05, 2010 at 02:56 AM
I hear you. Yes, this is something we hope to add in the future. I am not sure how this can be accomplished but if we can that would speed up the creation of form building a lot for many of our users.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 05, 2010 at 03:09 AM
I just thought of an idea. Please let me know if such a feature would do what you would like.
1. When you right click on the form, you will get a new option called "Import Questions", you select that.
2. Then it opens a new wizard window. This would have a list of all forms. You can click on any form to open a list of all questions under it. Each question would have a checkbox near it.
3. Then simply select any questions you would like to clone. If you need to clone fields within the same form, that should also be in the list so you can also choose from there. (This way you would not need to worry about grouping fields and then cloning groups. Since adding a field is as easy as clicking on a checkbox.)
4. Finally, click on "Import Questions" button and all of the fields are added to your form.
Would this work for your needs?
- crucialresumeAnswered on October 19, 2010 at 06:58 PM
That sounds like a workable idea, where you create a smaller template for a specific group of fields, then you can import that smaller template into your bigger form? This would be a big help.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 20, 2010 at 01:20 PM
I think this would be better than creating, maintaining and deleting groups of fields. That just seems to be a lot of work. It is probably easier to see a list of questions and simply click on a checkbox to the question you need.
- taxwisecorpAnswered on December 19, 2010 at 06:55 PM
Hey Aytekin, when we gonna have this feature?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 20, 2010 at 04:27 AM
We do not have it in our schedule at this time.
- bssrcAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM
It looks like it has been awhile since this was brought up. Any progress?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 05:47 PM
May I request that you post/create a new thread on your inquiry. We will provide you assistance properly.
Click here -->> http://www.jotform.com/answers/answer.php?