- wingscoAsked on October 04, 2010 at 04:09 PM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 05, 2010 at 05:57 AM
They are supposed to work fine. You shouldn't need anything special. Here, I created a form and the look fine:
- HappyFarmerAnswered on October 25, 2010 at 08:49 PM
im using my form to a contest where peeps have to send me a halloween story to win a prize. in portuguese, we got a lot of á,é,í,õ,ú,ç and things like that. in your form, you used text box. in mine, im using text area. this characters only works with text box? i don't think its comfortable to write a hole history in a text box :/ please help me
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 26, 2010 at 04:08 AM
Yes, they work fine with all fields.
- HappyFarmerAnswered on October 26, 2010 at 05:32 AM
am i doing something wrong? http://web.me.com/victorvercillas/HappyFarmer/Dicas/Entradas/2010/10/24_Concurso%21.html
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 26, 2010 at 09:16 AM
Is the same problem happen when you submit the form on the JotForm URL?
Because someone else had a similar problem and it was caused by the html language encoding
"The problem was that your form html encoded "charset = utf-8" was inserted into a php file without encoding or encoded charset = windows-1252 " by default."
- HappyFarmerAnswered on October 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM
no, it didn't happened when i submitted on the jotform url : ) now that we know thats because of the html lenguage, how can we solve it?
- HappyFarmerAnswered on October 26, 2010 at 01:06 PM
please forget it, i just fixed it. now, i did the form on the portuguese version of jotform(wich i didn't know that existed) : D
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 26, 2010 at 03:33 PM
Can you provide more details how you fixed it? So that other people who has this problem can do the same fix?
- HappyFarmerAnswered on October 29, 2010 at 10:16 AM
well, i just used the site in my language. im assuming this made the form work with special characters from my language : D
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 29, 2010 at 03:00 PM
I'm glad it is resolved now.