JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Problems with rules/conditionsAsked by adea on November 16, 2015 at 01:18 PM
I really thought I was pretty good with setting conditions. However, I have a couple of things that aren't acting the way I want so I thought I would reach out to you. On this form - http://www.jotform.com//?formID=53155207835152 here is what I want to happen.
1. I do not want the field 'Please charge my credit card/PayPal for the first installment of' to show up UNLESS someone chooses 'I will be paying by - Credit card or PayPal'. When someone chooses 'Credit card or PayPal' I also want the field to be required, if possible.
It shows up when the page first loads and nothing is checked - Not Good. However, if a person chooses either option in the 'I will be paying by' field it operates as it should.
2. There is a field 'I plan to attend the Phase V program, January 7-10,2016..........' that should ONLY show up when the number in the 'My Total Pledge is ' field is greater than 4999.
It shows up if I choose 'I will be paying by - Credit Card or PayPal' - Not Good. If I choose 'I will be paying by - Check' it will go away - Good.
Please disregard item#2. I have solved it.
Thank you for contacting us.
I'm glad to know you solved the second item, in regards to the first here is the workaround :
1. I see there are some conditions , you have to remove them :
2. Now, you have to set the field as hidden :
3. You have to add these conditions :
a) the first one is to show the field when is selected Credit Card or PayPal :
b) The second one is to set the field as required when is selcted Credit Card or Paypal :
This is the result :
Here is my sample form , you can clone it if you want :
Let us know if it works.