What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Jotform has a very powerful cloud of servers whose storage is encrypted and provides security protection against malicious attacks like SQL injection and denial of service (DDOS) attacks.
So we provide a high security standard through out our hosting provider's servers for data storage
-All of our SSL certificates support high-grade 256-bit encryption.
-Data transmission from the person who submits the information to our servers can be done in an encrypted manner, by using the forms securely
- Notice that our forms embed codes are 100% using the HTTPS protocol (SSL) by default.
But to add extra security, you must follow these advises:
1. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, these are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission.
Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
2. If you use the Reports feature, only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password, and it will transfer all data over SSL.
3. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
4. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
5. Regularly download submissions and then delete them.
Does this help? Otherwise, let us know.
Good news. Our developers have added a new security layer to make your file uploads more secure. You can learn more about it on this blog post: https://www.jotform.com/blog/259-Keeping-Your-Uploads-Secure