- mtubayAsked on November 19, 2015 at 11:14 AM
I want to attach a PDF to my form. I click on file upload. Then I try to click on the button that says Choose File, but nothing happens. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
- CharlieAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM
I'm not quite sure if I understand how your form works.
I see two parts in your form with regards to your question.
The File Upload field allows you to setup a form where users can attach or upload a file when they do a submission. To learn more about this, you can follow this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/332-How-to-create-upload-forms.
The other part of your form is the PDF Embedder widget. That widget allows you to display a PDF file when the form is viewed live.
I hope that helps.
- mtubayAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 01:01 PM
Sorry for the confusion.
I want to attach a PDF to my form so that people can download it and print it out.
This is very frustrating. It should not be this hard!!
I have a PDF. I just want to type in some type and then have that PDF linked to that type so that people can click on it and print it out.
There is a line of type on my for that reads: CLICK HERE DOWNLOAD A LIST OF DATES AND TIMES FOR ALTER SERVER TRAINING.
All I want to do is link a PDF doc to this type so that people can download and print it out.
Can you help me?
- CharlieAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 01:16 PM
No worries, you can easily do that by using the "Text" field.
Here's a step by step guide that you can follow:
1. First, add a "Text" field under "Form Tools". Click "Edit HTML".
2. In the text editor, you can type the text, highlight it and anchor a link on it (you can anchor the PDF link).
3. Here's the window to where you can add your PDF link.
4. Click "Ok" and make sure to click "Complete" and save the changes. Here's a sample form with the said steps above: https://form.jotform.com/53225721974963.
Let us know if that works.