- LucienJankelsonAsked on November 23, 2015 at 07:35 AM
Hi i am having a problem that i am sure is very simple, but i cannot find an answer to.
i want text boxes to auto expand or if not that, to just be able to see 3 or 4 lines of text at a time.
i have tried many different widgets, none of which i have been able to work. the most popular of which textarea autosize just leaves an orange square which i cannot seem to change colour of or write in.
when i try to make the text boxes bigger, it expands all of them throughout the whole form
a solution to either problem would be fantastic
thank you so much for your time
- CharlieAnswered on November 23, 2015 at 09:51 AM
You can use two fields here.
1. First, you can use the default "Textarea" field under the "Form Tools" section. You can adjust the number of lines to show by changing the value of the "Rows". In my case, it's "6".
2. You can also try re-adding the Textarea Autoresize widget. Make sure to add the maximum number of characters in the widget settings.
3. You can see how it looks like in this test form: https://form.jotform.com/53264478886977?. See screenshot below.
I hope that helps.
- LucienJankelsonAnswered on November 23, 2015 at 05:44 PM
thank you for getting back to me so fast
unfortunately neither option seems to be working
the textarea autosize widget seems to auto expand on mobile but not when filling out the form on my computer
also i played around with rows and columns and for some reason the rows did not seem to adjust
i have added a picture of my settings
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 23, 2015 at 09:33 PM
I see that the Textarea auto-resize widget is working fine at my end on the form provided by our colleague. It looks like the CSS code in the theme applied to the form may be conflicting and causing the issue to resize the text area. Please try injecting the following CSS code to your JotForm and see if that helps.
height: auto !important;
The textarea field should be displaying upto 5 lines by using the CSS code above. Let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- LucienJankelsonAnswered on November 23, 2015 at 11:33 PM
that worked perfectly!!!
thank you so much!
- CharlieAnswered on November 24, 2015 at 02:11 AM
In behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome.
Should you need any assistance again, please feel free to contact us here in the forum.
- lindaAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 07:42 AM
Here is a complete tutorial if you need