- jtprosserAsked on January 31, 2012 at 09:40 AM
1) created a uniqueID field with prefix of mkt-
2) user1 fills out form and when submit is clicked the link is emailed to user2 to update with additional info
3) when user2 opens form additional fields would be visible if uniqueID starts with mkt-
I'm assuming that the uniqueID is added after submit so when user2 opens the form the uniqueID field contains mkt- and the hidden fields will now be visible, however this does not work. when I click on the edit link the hidden fields are not visible.
What am I missing?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Your assumption that the unique ID is generated upon submission is correct but to my knowledge, conditions cannot be triggered after a submission. They can't even be triggered via URL pre-population.
However, pre-populating a second form via URL parameters would accomplish what I think you're trying to do, without using conditions.
1. Clone the following forms:
2. Change the recipient e-mail address in each notification from firstname.lastname@example.org to your own
3. Go to the URL of the first form, select a month and submit the form. (Clicking the link in the notification you receive after submission will take you to the second form whose "pick month" field will be pre-filled.)
4. Complete the additional fields and submit this second form. The notification you receive from this second form will contain the edit link.
This is the best workaround I can currently come up with but my colleagues may have less cumbersome solutions.