- richsmithphotoAsked on December 14, 2015 at 08:24 PM
I'd like to do this:
Once they fill out the contact form, if they're using a mobile phone, I redirect to a page. If they're using a computer, redirect to a different page.
Is this possible?
- CharlieAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 12:40 AM
This should be possible using by following the steps below:
1. First, we will add the "Hidden Field" widget, this allows you to catch the browser information on your user. You can check this guide on how to add it: http://www.jotform.com/help/234-How-to-Catch-User-s-Browser-Info
2. Now the format of the browser info that is fetched will be like this:
3. We will then use conditional logic to redirect the user depending on the "Device" or "OS". So far, here are the following values I get when I tested it on different devices:
Submitted on Mac OS X emulator
Submitted on iPhone emulator
Submitted on Windows 10 desktop computer
Submitted on Windows phone 8.1
I believe the most credible would be the OS as there are specific OS for mobile devices.
4. We will then use conditional logic to redirect or display specific thank you messages after the form is submitted. In your condition wizard, choose "CHANGE THANK YOU PAGE"
I will then setup a condition to check if any of the keywords in the browser info matches of that on a mobile. Below is a sample to where the OS has a value of "Android".
IF "Hidden Field" CONTAINS "Android THEN DO...
You have two options, you can change the thank you message page OR you can redirect to another URL.
I hope that helps.
- richsmithphotoAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 08:25 AM
This is incredibly helpful. Thank you so much for taking time out to answer this for me!
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 09:47 AM
On behalf of Charlie, you're welcome. Let us know if you need any help. Thank you.