- jimalderdiceAsked on February 02, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I have auto-responder emails set up for two forms and when I test this the "From" name on the email is "JotForm." I changed the name on the auto-responder screen but no luck.
Here are links for the two forms, both set with auto-responders and having the same issue.
Thanks for your assistance!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 02, 2012 at 12:09 PM
You must use a different e-mail address as your Sender E-mail. The address firstname.lastname@example.org is already verified as "JotForm" across different mail providers.
The downside to using a different e-mail address as the Sender E-mail is that it will not show up as verified, and may be classified as Junk or Spam by other mail providers. The reason is because the message actually came from our server, so using a different address will make it look suspicious in the receiving end.
A quick solution to that problem is to insert a note in your thank you page to remind your user to check their Spam folder for the email message.
- jimalderdiceAnswered on February 02, 2012 at 12:12 PMI’m fine with the email address being email@example.com and that’s what I think I am using for these forms. But can I change the NAME that appears in the recipient’s email? I changed the name field but it still shows Jotform when the auto-responder email is received.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 02, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Like I said, if you change the email address, your preferred Sender Name shall appear correctly.
Anyway, I have tested extensively using different email addresses (including one using a personal domain) and they all show "JotForm" as the sender's name. I can't tell for sure if the problem is on our end or if it is actually the recipient email provider that does this.
I will submit a ticket to our developers to take a look into your issue. Thank you for your patience.
- jimalderdiceAnswered on February 02, 2012 at 12:38 PMThanks for the help, Neil.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 06, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Here's what our development team had to say about this issue:
I think this is good and should not be changed. We do not want others to send emails from jotform.com with their name.
This is more of an identity issue. Our developers do not want the email address firstname.lastname@example.org associated with another individual's name. Sorry about that.
You should just use your own name along with your own e-mail address.
- jimalderdiceAnswered on February 06, 2012 at 11:37 AMThank for getting back to me. A previous post on your blog indicated that the name can be changes, so I’m glad to understand this. You might think about not letting the field be modified within the app to eliminate confusion. You can currently change the name field even when using the jotform autoreply email address.