- AA_CAsked on December 21, 2015 at 03:24 PM
I have another question about the form. Where the options are there is a lot of text for each. This text is inserted into the #_input value. When the email submission is sent all this text appears. Because I embed my form I can change this to very small answers for the recipient.
Question: Is it possible to change the questions value answers for submissions to much smaller text.
Example. "I am a new member, please mail a copy to me." Becomes " New member - send 1"
and so on. As I say I can do this if I embed source code. This would be great for JF forms.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on December 21, 2015 at 04:05 PM
I think could be possible to do it using conditions, you can fill a text box to receive the selected option, but with a short text, your form should be something like this :
1. You should add two fields, the first should be a drop down, and the second one a text box :
2. Set the second field as hidden, the text box.
3. Do the conditions, insert the short text when an option is selected :
You can check this guide in order to know how to insert the result as text : http://www.jotform.com/help/268-How-to-Insert-Text-or-Mathematical-Calculation-into-a-field-using-a-Condition
4. Now, you just should remove one field from the email notification, and let only the field with the short answer :
6. Also, you can hide the field in the PDF report, when on the View Submissions page, select the field you want to show only:
Take a look to my sample form https://form.jotform.com/53545617738970
You can clone it and see what I did, make some tests and see the result in the received notification.
I think it could be a workaround to achieve what you want to do, but please, let us know if it works as you want.
We will await your response.
- AA_CAnswered on December 21, 2015 at 05:20 PM
This exactly what I wanted and good to know.
I cloned your form and understand it, not complicated at all.
I will look into using it.
Many thanks for a great solution.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on December 21, 2015 at 06:34 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome! Please open a new thread if you need anything else, we will be glad to assist you.