- dpuntierAsked on December 24, 2015 at 11:54 AM
I have a form that is connected to a google sheet. However, I would like to use the same form to connect to about 4 different sheets. For example, in my jotform, a person would input a clients information and this information is transfer to my google sheet. I would like an option where the person filing out the form can have the option to pick from 4 different choices. I attached a screenshot as an example. Thank you.Page URL:
- CharlieAnswered on December 24, 2015 at 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, I believe this is not possible. The Google Spreadsheet integration creates a new spreadsheet giving a one way integration between JotForm and the generated spreadsheet.
This means you cannot create an integration in 1 form on 4 different spreadsheet, or 4 sheets on one spreadsheet.
What might be possible is this approach:
1. Create 5 Forms.
Form 1 - first form where a field will be used to identify to what spreadsheet we want to transfer the data. The form is submitted in Form 1 BUT we will redirect the user on a specific form based from their answer on the drop down list. I have also changed the text on the submit button to "Next", giving it a continuation effect.
Form 2, Form 3, Form 4 and Form 5 will have their own Google spreadsheet integration, which means you now have 4 different spreadsheets.
2. We will then use conditional logic to redirect the user to the specific form that has Google spreadsheet integrations on them. Here's a guide that you can refer to: http://www.jotform.com/help/317-Configuring-Change-Thank-You-URL-after-submission-condition
Here's a sample condition, it states that if the drop down field is equal to "Spreadsheet 1" then redirect the user to my Form 2's URL.
Repeat the same process on the other spreadsheet options.
I hope that helps.
- dpuntierAnswered on December 24, 2015 at 02:46 PMThank you, I'm going to try this
- BenAnswered on December 24, 2015 at 04:09 PM
In my colleague's name, you are welcome. Please do let us know if you have any issues or questions along the way and we would be happy to answer them.