- GallopMarketingAsked on January 05, 2016 at 08:55 PM
I wanted a quiz that was a scale between 1 = Weak and 5 = Strong and that it would give the participant a percentage at the end out of 100%. Unfortunately I don't think Jotform has that capability. I have now somehow created a quiz that thinks the only correct answer is 5. so the thank you page gives the quiz taker a result out of 20. Ideally I would like them to get a percentage score but I don't think this possible. Does anyone know how to remove the results page altogether and I can contact the quiz taker with their results?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 04:01 AM
I have confirmed that the result is 0 when the user inputs a different answer.
I will investigate this issue further and inform you on this thread once there is a possible solution or workaround to your concern.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 04:57 AM
I understand that you want the percentage of the total average of the form's rating to show after a user submits. I have found a workaround to your concern, but instead of using a Quiz Form, you can do this with a regular form by using calculations and editing the Thank You page. First you will need to disconnect your form from the Quiz Form app. Here is a guide on how to disconnect it: Disconnect Quiz Form app from Form
Once you have disconnected the Quiz Form app, you can then follow the steps below:
1. Create two hidden number fields that will serve as the calculation field for the total average and the percentage.
2. Add these two conditions to their respective fields.
3. The formula for calculating the total average is Total Average = (Sum of all the inputs) / Number of Questions. Meanwhile the formula for calculating the percentage is (Total Average / Number of Questions) * 100.
4. Once the conditions are set, click on the Thank You button in the form builder.
5. Click the Edit Text button as seen below.
6. Add the percentage value by clicking on Form Fields then selecting Percentage. Then edit the output of the Thank You page as you please.
7. Once you are happy with the appearance of the Thank You page, click on the Save Changes button.
Here is a sample form where I tested the formula: https://form.jotform.com/60052353891958
You can clone the sample form to see the conditions for yourself. Here is a guide for cloning a form: How to Clone an Existing Form From a URL
Do inform us if you need further assistance,