Conditions reveal hidden images... sometimes.

  • Profile Image
    gtdrives
    Asked on February 11, 2012 at 09:11 AM

    Hello,

    Using form 20322009138 I have a few pictures(soon to be many more) that are part of a condition of a select box. When option 1 show image 1. When option to show image 2 and so on.

    When I load the form, 80% of the time it works. The other 20% of the time all of the images are loaded, but are not hidden. This pushes down my form content and looks out of place.

    I have injected custom css and set the div ID's for those form fields #id{visibility: hidden;}, but it hides them for good and breaks the condition state.

    Any idea why the images which are suppose to be hidden on load don't hide... sometimes?

    Thanks,

    chromahoen

  • Profile Image
    NeilVicente
    Answered on February 11, 2012 at 03:12 PM

    It looks like you had this form embedded in an external website. It is most likely, though, that you have this form embedded using the default script embed options, and it is conflicting with other scripts in your site.

    In this case, using the iFrame method for embedding is the only faultless solution. Otherwise, you will have to fix the conflict by adding a few lines of code. We may be able to help you with this if you can give us the URL wherein the form is embedded.

  • Profile Image
    gtdrives
    Answered on February 11, 2012 at 03:26 PM

    That would be excellent if you wouldn't mind taking a look. I cannot do the iframe solution, because I have vertical collapsing elements.

    http://67.227.248.179/~gtdrives/flash-drives

  • Profile Image
    NeilVicente
    Answered on February 11, 2012 at 04:15 PM

    I see that you have quite a lot of scripts in your site. Removing the conflict would mean hosting all the scripts on your server and then editing them to add a line of code or two.

    Still, I am not sure if it is a conflict that's causing your problem. Try changing the URL in your form embed codes from https://secure.jotform.com to https://www.jotform.com then let us know the results.

    Thanks!

  • Profile Image
    gtdrives
    Answered on February 11, 2012 at 05:09 PM

    Well, I just figured out how to make it secure when you looked. That fixed the image problem. Then the www.jotform.com fixed what happend when I secured it the first time. LOL Now I have some format issues that I am going to work through. I want the form to be secure anyway, but I am fearful of crazy security popups. What is the result when I load the secure form from jotform on a non-secure page?

  • Profile Image
    NeilVicente
    Answered on February 11, 2012 at 05:15 PM

    What is the result when I load the secure form from jotform on a non-secure page?

    The browser will not show a security information for your site, since the site itself is not secure in any way. However, since the form is loaded on an iFrame even if you're using the [script] embed method, the form remains secure by itself.

    There is no need to need to worry about security issues.

    Note:

    A free account is limited to only 10 secure submissions each month. You may change from https to http in order to not use the form securely.

  • Profile Image
    gtdrives
    Answered on February 11, 2012 at 09:01 PM

    Yes, the $10 a month doesn't scare me. I will gladly pay it. Thank you very much for reminding me about that and for helping me through this issue. Apparently, since we are using the https now, the image issue is resolved. I would imagine that is a Namespace, scope, reference related thing as it must be pulling a differently named include JS. I will pretend that at least. hahaha

    Thanks again,

    gtdrives

    www.greenthumbdrives.com

  • Profile Image
    gtdrives
    Answered on February 17, 2012 at 03:24 PM

     

    Hello,

    On my form just out of the clear blue a style attribute has appeared in a parent

    container... <pre><div style="margin-left:161px" class="form-buttons-wrapper"></pre>

    Also, somewhat related to the problem in this thread, which is still an issue, but less so, the form use to shrink to fit the collapsed content. Now the images load and leave the blank space below the form where the images on load pushed down the content before the images were hidden... sometimes.

    .form-buttons-wrapper{margin-left: -161px;} did not work, and it's a sloppy workaround anyway.

    Not sure why all of a sudden a style attribute is in a tag.

    Any clues?

    ty,

    gtdrives

  • Profile Image
    NeilVicente
    Answered on February 17, 2012 at 05:17 PM

    Your site is down so I couldn't do any inspection. Inform me if it is up so we can continue to solving your problem.