- mikeyaberryAsked on January 15, 2016 at 10:51 AM
I was trying to create a PDF version of one of my forms. I selected the form from the My Forms area, slected the More/Create PDF Form option. The form however, does not download.Page URL:
- AconnorAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM
I'm also having the same issue, glad it's not just me.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 01:14 PM
I checked our fillable PDF form creator and it seems to be working properly on my end. Would you mind letting us know which specific form you are having trouble creating a PDF version of?
@Aconnor, my colleague followed up in your thread, did that solution work for you? If not, please follow up in your thread and we will be happy to assist you further.
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 05:17 AM
The form is called Annual Leave.
- victorAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 09:44 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience. I have cloned your form and was not able to create a fillable PDF with your form.
I know that there is an issue with large forms.When you have large forms you get an XML error. This is do to the PDF conversion.
Your form does not look to be large. I have created a ticket for our back end team. As soon as we have any update, we will be informing you through these thread.
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Thank you Much appreciated!
- victorAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 10:24 AM
You are very welcome. As soon as we have any update from our back end team. You will be informed immediately.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Some forms won't be converted to PDF as some fields cannot be included so far, please read this general guide to know more about fillable PDF forms:
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Hi, I've created a form called test Form.
My understanding is that these fields are allowed, or at least the pdf should still be created. Nothing happens after I click the green button, see screen shot above.
Can you advise please!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 20, 2016 at 11:17 AM
I checked your test form and I was able to create a fillable PDF from it without issue:
If you are still unable to on your end, try a fresh browser if possible. FireFox or Chrome tend to work best.
If you are still unable to create one, even from a fresh browser, let us know and we will be happy to have another look.
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 05:21 AM
I tried both browsers, on both mac & pc and didn't manage to create the pdf.
I'll continue to see if it's something my end.
Any advise would be appreciated.
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 06:20 AM
I have noticed that when I expand the more button the 'Create PDF Form' option renders with a lighter colour icon, as compared with the other options. I would have thought that this means that this option is not available. Just a thought.
Your help is much appreciated.
- victorAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 08:50 AM
Fillable PDFs are very limited and will never look exactly like the form. This is due to the PDF created.
Can you please indicate if you are still having issues converting your form into a PDF? I just tried, and was able to create the PDF with no issue.
Please let us know if you require further assistance.
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 09:44 AM
Sorry, I still can't create a form. Below is a link to a short video of what steps I took. I have tried to create the pdf on mac & pc using both ff & chrome
Hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 21, 2016 at 11:54 AM
I see what the issue is, PDF forms cannot be created from eu.jotform.form. Since this is different than the original XML error, I will move your request to a new thread and open a new ticket. I will follow up in this thread here shortly:
- mikeyaberryAnswered on January 22, 2016 at 06:00 AM
Much appreciated Mike
- victorAnswered on January 22, 2016 at 08:11 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome. If you have any other question or issue, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to help.