- CTCKAAsked on February 01, 2016 at 04:12 AM
We've built a JotForm View (http://views.jotform.io/) to allow people to update form data which is then displayed automatically on a web page. This has been working fine since we put it together months ago. However, we are now getting the error 'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/io4views/public_html/list.php on line 107'. The code on the web page is:
The form displays, but in the views.io system the form picker just says 'loading forms. please wait...' but nothing comes through.
The only thing that has really changed regarding JotForm is migrating our data from American to European servers - EU Safe forms - that was done last week. All forms are working, it's the views io one that is causing the error.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 08:14 AM
Thanks for reporting. I was able to reproduce the problem after testing the said app.
I have now raised this to our developers for a resolution. You will be informed here once this is fixed.
- CTCKAAnswered on February 01, 2016 at 08:17 AM
- CTCKAAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 04:52 AM
Do you have a progress update on this ticket?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 09, 2016 at 10:47 AM
The ticket was marked as very important and assigned to one of our developers, but unfortunately, we do not have any other updates as of this time.
- CTCKAAnswered on February 10, 2016 at 03:01 AM
Thanks for the update - hopefully it'll be looked at soon.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 21, 2016 at 07:56 AM
I see that the problem was happening because it was not pulling the data from the EU servers which was the cause of the error on your page. I have managed to fix this issue and the proper data now appears on your page.
If you have other questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Thanks for your patience and we apologize for this inconvenience.
- CTCKAAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 03:42 AM
Thanks very much for sorting the issue. Was it something we did this end? Just so we make sure it doesn't happen again.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 05:51 AM
No the issue was not caused because of you but it was an issue at our end which is already resolved by our back end team.
- CTCKAAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 08:11 AM
Thanks again for sorting it.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on February 22, 2016 at 09:19 AM
On behalf of my colleagues and developer team, you are most welcome. If the issue repeats itself, please don't hesitate to let us know.