What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Need help creating a questionaire form.Asked by Jeff Schrader on February 09, 2016 at 07:35 PM
I am trying to create a questionaire for use with work. My goal is that as I answer the questions on the questionaire, the results would provide a customized report.
Question: What is the status of the system?
Question: Are there any active alarms on the system?
Question: Was the event history reviewed or downloaded?
Question: Quantity of Fans in the system?
The results of the answers to those questions that I am looking for would look like this...
"System was found online with no active notices, warnings, faults, or alarms. The system's event history was downloaded and reviewed for significant events. 12 fans were found installed on the system."
Is there any program, like MS Excel, that can produce this survey?
By using jotform, it is possible to add a result in the Thank You page and the email notification, however you will need to use conditions to display the proper text in the paragraph.
You can create a form where the user will answer the questions. Then you can add a field where you will add a conditions that when certain conditions are met (example: active alarms = yes), the text to be displayed in the thank you page will be updated. Here's a guide about smart conditions: Using conditional logic
Then once you have set the conditions, you can then edit the Email Notification and add the paragraph in the thank you page. Here are a couple of guides that can help:
Allow me some time to give you a much more detailed instruction as well as a sample form so you can see it in action. I will update you again on this thread.
Here's a guide on how to create your desired form in Jotform.
1. Create a form in jotform and add the necessary fields. Then add a text box called Alarm Text. We will be adding conditions to this text box so that when the "Are there any alarms" question is answered Yes or No, the Alarm Text will have the value of either "no active" or "active" in the text box.
2. Click on the gear icon and select Edit Properties.
3. A window will pop-up where you can set the default value to '"active". Click "close settings" when done.
4. Now you need to add the conditions. Click the condition button and select Update/Calculate Field in the conditions wizard.
5. Add the condition seen in the screenshot then click Save when done.
6. Now follow this guide to go to the Thank You page and then add the text you want to display in the editor. To capture the value of the fields and display it in the paragraph, click the Form Fields and select the field values that you want to display.
7. Your Thank You page should appear like this.
8. Here's how it would appear once a user submits the form. Notice the paragraph captures the value of the fields and displays them on the text.
9. As for the Notification Email, simply copy the text in the Thank You page editor and paste it in the body of the email.
This is how the email would appear.
You can make further edits to your form to make it appear as you prefer.
Here's a sample form that you can see in action: https://form.jotform.com/60401935442954
You can clone it to your account by following this guide: How to clone a form
Do let us know if you need further assistance.