- SMFSNCUAsked on February 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM
I'm not getting the total calculation formula.
I need this to add the task fee for each student.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 16, 2016 at 02:33 PM
I checked your form, and in the "Total" field, the field added does not exist, seems like your have removed it from your form. I added the correct field, that I think it's the "Task Fee" and it worked, it's now adding the value to the "Total" field.
Once I added the correct field, this was my result.
If you want to add more fields to the calculation widget, then you just need to open the wizard and add them, they automatically will be added to your calculation.
Do let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 16, 2016 at 02:55 PM
Do you have the link with the clone for this
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 16, 2016 at 04:17 PM
So do I set up this calculation widget for each student, or just keep adding for one total?
Also how do I set up a sum for each task fee individually?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 16, 2016 at 05:30 PM
Sure, this is the link: https://form.jotform.com/60465727780968.
To get a total value for each "Task Fee" you only need to add each fee to the calculation widget.
Take a look to my cloned form, do let us know if it works as you need.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM
Great my only question is for when the task fee is in the drop down I can't seem to locate this in the add field calculation.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 17, 2016 at 11:46 AM
I'm still not getting this calculation correct:
It's double adding figures
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 17, 2016 at 03:52 PM
You must explain very detailed your particular scenario in order for us to help you further.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 07:53 AM
Maybe there is a better way to set this up, so I'll explain what I need on this form. Ultimately I will need to add about 40 to 50 student task fee's but wanted to start with a small sample to see how this will work.
1. Our faculty will enter task fee for each student via the drop down task fee of 4 options
2. They will add another student (up to 40)
3. I will need to calculate a total for each task fee separately
4. I will need to calculate a total for all task fee combined
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM
I did the changes on a cloned form of yours, you may take a look on this link: https://form.jotform.com/60484303747962.
You only need to add a Form Calculation widget separately on each student, then calculate all the fees at the end of your form.
Use this guide to clone my form: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 09:22 AM
This is great. My only problem now is that in the drop down it seems to be adding on student 2 the wrong fees. If I select dissertation proposal the fee should be $200 and it's adding $120, etc.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM
This is because when you add the calculation values, you need to leave a blank space as the first option, this represents the empty selection in the drop down, if you add the space then the values will start to work normally, all your drop downs should look like this.
Take look to my form again: https://form.jotform.com/60484303747962.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 12:43 PM
This is great. One last item, have I set up my separate totals correctly for each fee.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 01:49 PM
I checked your form and everything looks to be correct.
The correct total is shown when selections are made and the calculation values look to be properly assigned.
- SMFSNCUAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 02:02 PM
my only problem now is something is off for the Total Task fee widget.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 19, 2016 at 03:10 PM
It looks like the change was made to the first Task Fee field, however, it was not made to Task Fee 2 or Task Fee 3. Update those two fields as well to get the proper total. The calculation is also not totaling up all 3 fields. Here is a working version the form with the fields and calculation updated:
You can clone the updated form to your account if you would like: