- jacobs_aumAsked on February 23, 2016 at 06:40 AM
Hi, I understand that purged forms cannot be restored.
Who can I talk to?
I had clicked trash, then select all, and it purged all the forms trash and not trash.
This cannot be right!
You can reproduce the steps yourself
1) create two form, form 1 and form 2
2) delete form2, it will go into trash
3) click trash
4) select form2 or select all, then click Purge. There will be a message that says 0 forms deleted. That's where the confusion starts. This is wrong
5) then click the form2 in trash again and click select all (I had several in trash) and then click Purge.
6) now you get a correct message of the number of forms deleted (1 in this case)
7) now click my Forms and the form1 is gone. This is not right.
I need an emergency restore of my forms, there is days of work in there.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 07:02 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience. I was able to replicate the issue on my end.
I already reported this issue to our developers. We'll let you know via this thread once an update is available about this problem.
Thank you for your patience.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 07:38 AM
First of all, thank you for the quick response.
I am in an emergency situation. I need those forms back. Please set me into contact with a manager who can make this happen. It is not my fault and I would be so thankful if you can step towards me on that.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 08:56 AM
can you please escalate this.
I AM IN A EMERGENCY SITUATION AND I NEED YOUR HELP
Thank you very much
- igreenhaAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 10:27 AM
Peter--Looks like you're not alone on this. I had the same exact thing happen to me yesterday, and have been freaking out ever since. I'll let you know if I hear anything back on my end.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Sorry for inconvenience this may caused you.
Our developers are inform about this issue. They are trying to restore your forms. If there is any update we will inform you via this thread.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 01:45 PM
Hi igreenha, thanks for helping.
Hi Joanna, thank you for keeping us informed. I understand that even though it is technically not a problem to restore the data, it is work and cost for you and therefore appreciate you doing this.
Lets work on this together, so we don't need to escalate it.
Thank you very much
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 03:01 PM
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do from your end to restore deleted forms.
Only our developers can do this. If there is any update, our developers will inform you.
Thank you for your patience.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 01:47 PM
can I please get an update on how far along you are with the restore?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 05:04 PM
Hello Peter, the issue is now resolved. The forms that went to the trash folder by error should be restored back to the main folder.
If you still have issues with this, let me know.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 05:32 PM
thank you for the news. I do not see any forms in my main folder. Please help, thank you!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 24, 2016 at 09:55 PM
I checked your account and was able to see that your forms are not there, I will inform that the issue is still there. You should receive news soon.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 09:30 AM
my client is now really freaking out, as they need to put the forms online today.
I do not have a way of recreating them so fast, not the time.
Please put me into contact with a manager. IT IS REALLLY REALLY REALLY URGENT
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 11:03 AM
We apologize for the inconvenient.
I will ask for updates to our second level, we will let you know then your forms are back again.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 11:38 AM
thank you for moving this on, it is very very URGENT.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Sorry again for the inconvenience. This is already escalated to our developers and the current priority status is "Urgent". We'll update you on this thread once an information is available. Thank you for understanding.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 02:23 PM
thank you for your response. I understand that you are doing what you can.
Please understand my situation as well. Unfortunately I cannot tell my client: "I'll let you know when I hear something from this company, it could be in 1 day or 1 week or 1 month or 1 year, they don't kmow".
My whole reputation is on the line.
I was told, that the forms are restored, and when I checked, they were not. This has now further undermined my confidence in your company.
This is not a bug fix. THIS IS DATA LOSS. That is something completely different.
The reason I am asking to escalate this to management (not development) is, because it is not a technical problem. I am a developer and know that the restore can be done technically.
However, management needs to make this a priority so it can actually happen. Depending how solid/weak your backup systems are, this entails A LOT OF WORK, but it can be done.
Please forward this to your management (not developers) to let them know, that this IS A SERIOUS SITUATION. THIS IS NOT A BUG FIX, IT IS DATA LOSS.
It is beginning to appear that your company is not equipped to deal with data loss. I am not sure what the implications of this is.
I also want this to go to management so that I have a non-technical person assigned to this case and keep me up to date on the specific progress of your restore.
Just waiting indefinitely is not acceptable. It is accesptable for a bug fix or feature request, but NOT FOR DATA LOSS.
Thank you for forwarding this to a management person. This is NOT A TECHNICAL PROBLEM.
Please have a person in a position of responsibility respond to this.
I am still a customer and this is still a data loss situation and through my feedback you were able to fix your bug. I would really appreciate hearing back something more than just 'please be patient',
I need to know when I will get a feedback from a person who is responsible.
Thank you for treating this as a REAL PRIORITY.
The ONLY TECHNICAL REASON for not being able to get the data back is, that you do not back up your data, ever. THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL PROBLEM. UNLESS YOUR SYSTEMS ARE NOT BACKED UP. Please forward this to a management person who is in the position to put the resources into resoriing the data.
Thank you very much for having a person in a resonsible position get in touch with me.
I need to have a regular update on the progess of this.
I AM IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, PLEASE HELP AND FORWARD THIS TO A NON-TECHNICHAL MANAGERIAL PERSON WHO CAN SOLVE THIS, IT IS NOT A TECHNICAL PROBLEM.
- ManagermustafaAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 02:30 PM
I talked to dev-ops to restore your loss data, unluckily they were really busy all day so could not make it yet. I will follow your issue closely and resolve it as first task. Apologize for the inconvenience.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 03:38 PM
by when will I hear back from you?
- ManagermustafaAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 03:43 PM
I wish i could say shortly but i am not at work right now and do not have direct access to backup DBs.
It will be resolved at most in 12 hours. I will let you know as soon as it is done.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 03:46 PM
OK, I appreciate you giving me this committment.
I expect to see my forms in 12 hours the latest then and will communicate this to my customer.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 25, 2016 at 04:01 PM
Sure, our developer will let you know.
Thank you for your understanding.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 26, 2016 at 02:00 AM
Hi, I just checked, and the forms are not restored yet. The last information I had was 10 hours ago, that it will be resolved in 12 hours. By what specific time CET will I hear back from you?
- ManagermustafaAnswered on February 26, 2016 at 03:04 AM
Your forms have just been restored, please check them and let me know if you see any problem.
- jacobs_aumAnswered on February 26, 2016 at 04:23 AM
Thank you for the restore. I am checking now. So far it looks good. On one form there is a picture missing but it is easier if I just add it in myself. Unless you hear back from me, everything is OK.
- ManagermustafaAnswered on February 26, 2016 at 04:24 AM
Happy to hear that, sorry for the trouble caused and thanks for your patience.